Second User Group Meeting - Online event, 22 - 23 Oct 2020
This meeting is open to all HPC-Europa3 visitors whose visits have already been completed, or are still taking place, on the date of the event. All attendees are expected to present the work done during their HPC-Europa3 visit, either in a poster or a talk. The event will be a nice opportunity to network and meet other visitors from the programme!
HELP in building the HPC-Europa3 word cloud! Define the project in one word: here!
Agenda (timezone CEST)
Thursday, October 22, 2020
|10:00||Welcome and general information: Sergi Girona, Operations Director, BSC.|
Keynote lecture: John Davis, Laboratory for Open Computer Architecture (LOCA), BSC.
LOCA: Embracing Open Source Hardware to create an Open Source Ecosystem. Slides here.
|11:00||Manuel Melle-Franco. University of Aveiro, Portugal.
Computer modelling, a fundamental tool to unravel experimental data
|11:20||Yhasmin Mendes de Moura. University of Leicester, United Kingdom.
Unveiling tropical forests: new approaches using 3D terrestrial LiDAR
|11:40||Olga Stasyuk. University of Girona, Spain.
Peptides and oxo-iron – a happy couple for catalysis
|12:00||Farzaneh Jalalypour. Sabanci University, Turkey.
Perturb-Scan-Pull: A novel method facilitating conformational transitions in proteins. Slides here.
|12:20||Oleksandr Savytskyi. Institute of Molecular Biology and Genetics, NASU, Ukraine.
The role of connective peptide 1 in human tyrosyl-tRNA synthetase and its mutant forms, associated with Charcot-Marie-Tooth neuropathy
|12:40||Grigor Arakelov. Institute of Molecular Biology, Nat. Academy of Sciences, Republic of Armenia.
In silico study of the pyrin inflammasome macromolecular complex formation
|14:00||Fabio Lolicato. University of Heidelberg, Germany.
The α1 subunit of the Na,K-ATPase facilitates unconventional secretion of fibroblast growth factor 2 from tumor cells
|14:20||Jon Ainsley. Institute of Cancer Research, United Kingdom.
Studying glucose translocation through the OmpF wide pore channel using multiple quantum regions with QM/MM-MD techniques
|14:40||Krzysztof Durka. Warsaw University of Technology, Poland.
Simulation of structures and sorption properties of organoboron covalent organic frameworks
Julia Westermayr. University of Vienna, Austria.
|15:20||Martí López. University of Barcelona, Spain.
Insights of the CO2 adsorption on doped TiC. Slides here.
Friday, October 23, 2020
|10:00||Panagiotis (Takis) Tsoutsanis. Cranfield University, United Kingdom.
Stencil algorithms for high-order finite-volume methods
|10:20||Mauhing Yip. Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway.
Boundary artifact analysis in diffusion modeling with stochastic differential equations
|10:40||Emin Nuriyev. University College Dublin, Ireland.
Improving the performance of collectives in Open MPI using analytical performance model
|11:00||Geza Odor. Inst. of Technical Physics and Materials Science, Centre for Energy Research, Hungary.
The effect of noise on the synchronization dynamics of the Kuramoto model on a large human connectome graph. Slides here.
Fabio Del Sordo. Institute of Astrophysics FORTH, Greece.
|11:40||Simppa Äkäslompolo. Max-Planck Institute für Plasmapahysik, Germany.
Serpent neutronics model of the Wendelstein 7-X Stellarator
|12:00||Giorgia Fugallo. CNRS /Polytech Nantes, France.
Metadynamics as a tool to investigate structural phase transformations in nanocrystals under pressure. Slides here.
|12:20||Jian Fuh ONG. Extreme Light Infrastructure Nuclear Physics, Romania.
Towards optimising and validation of high power laser experiment
|14:00||Estelina Lora da Silva. IFIMUP, University of Porto, Portugal.
Ab-initio study of pressure-induced phase transitions of sesquichalcogenides
|14:20||Loredana Edith Daga. Università di Torino, Italy.
Thermoelectric properties of TiMSn (M = Ni, Pd, Pt) half-Heusler alloys using hybrid density functional theory: the role of point defects
Iacopo Colonelli, Università degli Studi di Torino, Italy. StreamFlow: cross-breeding Cloud with HPC. Slides here.
Poster Session. Open questions to the authors. (see list below)
- Krzysztof Zborowski. Jagiellonian University in Kraków, Poland. Extension of the HOMA model to compounds with new types of bonds.
- Pawel Przytarski. University of Cambridge, United Kingdom. The effect of unsteady blade row interactions on performance of multi-stage turbomachines
- Marco Fernandes. Universidade de Aveiro, Portugal. Optimization of an artificial neural network architecture for optical communications using parallelization techniques
- Javier Fernández Muñoz. Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain. Enhancing data-stream programming platforms: A case for dispel4Py and GRPPI comparison
- Domenica Capasso. Federico II University of Naples, Italy. Exploring the binding mechanism of glycomimetics to galectins through simulations
- Chetan Poojari. Theoretical Physics and Center for Biophysics, Saarland University, Germany. Energetics driving Akt2 recognition of specific lipids
- Giorgos Nikoulis. Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece. Machine-learning interatomic potential for W-Mo alloys
- Dusica Jovanovic. Vinca Institute of Nuclear Science, Serbia. DFT study of a relaxed amino acid, glutamine, on TiO2 surfaces
- Stefan Zitz. Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH, Germany. Thin film lattice Boltzmann simulations
- Meilani Wibowo. University of Groningen, The Netherlands. Combined RAS-srDFT for the study of electron transfer processes